Monday, November 2, 2009

Going Strong!

Second post this month, I'm on a roll.

School is about to end in about a month, I'm really excited for a much needed break. However, I'm really leaning towards a second job so I can stay busy for a month and a half. Plus, I'm a statistic: gotta pay the credit card off. I think I'll be ending the school year with B's. Reachable and Realistic.

I recently had two Fashion Promotional Strategy projects due, so I thought I'd share the results.

This was our display window. We chose a primary color scheme (red, yellow, blue) and chose a dark ensemble to make BOTH the display and clothes pop. Also, 'Express Your Style' was tiled on top of satin-covered cardboard and hung from fishing wire string to bring out a 3-D effect.


My trend board was inspired by the late Ed Hardy designed shirts. My deepest sympathies go out to those still wearing Ed Hardy (sooo 2007!). I think now that we're getting out of the recession, colors will have a lower intensity level and not as flamboyant as they have been due to the "new norm" theory. I used swatches from Valspar paints, tile swatches, buttons, ribbon trimmings, Pottery Barn catalog, textile swatches, and even a curtain tassel. The only thing harmed in the making of this trend board was a Vogue magazine.

Friday, I had the deepest pleasure of using Oprah's/Payless' 50% off your entire purchase coupon . Black suede slouchy boots for $15.00, yeah, I was feeling amazing after that steal. Thank you, Oprah! You made my weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment